Sachuest

Was walking with my husband this morning as we do most mornings at Sachuest (which is Native American for "Mouth of the River").  The River is the Sakonnet (Which means "where the Black Goose lives").   I walk there to remember and to thank this place for being and for caring for me.   For six years I've been  seeking a way to  say thank you and today, the answer came...find others who seek the same and together we can return the care that nature has given to us.  This answer is not so astonishing as I am part of another anonymous fellowship which has  given me everything that has lead to this "stepping out" with the 12 steps; so, I am seeking other's who have an awareness that it is possible to live "consumer-free" on a daily basis--not taking more than we need and finding fun and fulfilling ways of doing so.   I look forward to hearing from you.  I practice veganism as one expression of this gratitude and recycle wherever I am conscious enough to remember.  When I buy I try to seek out small independent-conscientious purveyors who only buy fair-trade, organic and so forth and would love to share these expressions of abstinence which give me so much  MORE than anything I can buy.  For me the freedom and joy and inner expansiveness that this gives me, brings a fluency of fun and compassionate expression in my daily life and in the spirit or "progress, not perfection", I look forward  your thoughts, practices and expressions. 

 

"There is an action, an allowing, a surrender within, that has always been the birthright of every man or woman.  the ego experiences it as a kind of stoppage.  It is a special quality of silence.  In that moment, you know why you are on earth and you know that as you are you cannot serve.  You know you must change your life and that this can only happen by searching for companions and conditions that will support the appearance of this moment of opening.  On the basis of that moment, a new intention enters into one's life, a new moralilty.  It is the morality of the search.  Whatever supports that search is good; whatever hinders it is evil.  One begins to understand that it is only through that opening that one can love as one wishes to love and as we have heard of love in the teachings of the masters.  Then, truly, the world and life in this world, with all its pleasures and pains, with all its obligations and difficulties--just this world that you and I live in now--this world becomes my monastery."

from Money and the Meaning of Life by Jacob Needleman

 


Comments

Popular Posts