Pumpkin Sunrise

Made a scrumptuous vegan pumpkin cheese cake yesterday with my first ripe Uchiki Kuri Pumpkin: Picked the pumpkin, halved it and baked it with a dash of olive oil and maple syrup until tender (about an hour at 400 F) Scraped it out of the shells and mashed it. Made the crust from shortbread crumbs I save from the shortbread I make and ground hazel nuts with a little olive oil and pressed them into the bottom of a spring pan. I don't really measure anything; I taste as I go; but, I think it was about 2 cups worth with the crumbs and nuts combined a wee grain of salt and a bit of fruisiana or evaporated cane juice to taste.
In a blender I mixed: about 12 oz of Firm Silken Tofu
1 container of Toffuti cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon Ginger
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1 cup of sugar or fruisiana or Evaporated cane juice, or demera organic sugar
2 Tablespoons Molasses
1/4 cup vanilla rice milk
1 teaspoon salt
Mix in blender until smooth and poured onto the crust Bake at 350F for about 50 minutes to 1 hour then cool covered for 30 minutes and when completely cool put in fridge overnight.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts