Good Dog



God is Dog spelled backwards....


I once tried a guided meditation where I was supposed to envision myself walking along a beach where I encounter God (I think they might have said Jesus--I don't remember) who will thank me for all that I've done and all that I am. So, I dutifully and dubiuosly closed my eyes and pictured myself walking a familiar strand in Newport, when a black dog comes bounding up to me and nearly knocks me into the surf with his exuberance, wagging his tail and licking my face... Even still the vision fills me with joy... I have a friend who often says,
"I want to be the person my dog thinks i am." I've searched and scoured and tried all kinds of ways to budge me off my agnostic butt and this is a close as I get. If there is a divine creator and you're out there somewhere in the cosmos: Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for dogs!



Comments

Popular Posts