In the light of eternity


i thought that my computer had imploded last night. There seemed to have been a power surge and then dead and no re-starting the thing. I awoke in the middle of the night devastated as it really has become a kind of life-line for me here and there are photos on it and my address book and all such things as would be irretrievable at this point. I couldn't believe how over-dependent I am on this thing for so much (all banking--too) even to watch a movie. But, I meditated for a while and got perspective and this morning I set about assessing the damage and what I would do to deal with contacting everyone, etc... I'd reached some acceptance. I fiddled with things again and just because I couldn't make matters any worse, I removed the battery and put it back in and low and behold....! It's working. I think my elation at this turn of events is about as pathetic as my devastation at losing this means of staying in touch! But, the beauty is that I had accepted my powerlessness before anything was restored. It all seems rather silly in the light of eternity, though.

Comments

Popular Posts